Sunday, August 3, 2008

Rants & Raves for Demconwatch Users

Hey ya'll, I figured so that we don't anger anyone on "off-topic" posts, we can post them here.

388 comments:

1 – 200 of 388   Newer›   Newest»
apissedant said...

Coolest thread ever!! But I doubt people will actually come here to rant. =/

Independent Voter said...

Hey p'd ant. I'm sure you are right, but I figured that we hear from Leah to take it elsewhere so I figured I would create an "elsewhere". LOL

suzihussein22 said...

This is kinda off topic. I was remembering the Genesis song Land of Confusion. I watched the video and had forgotten it was really, imo, a satire.-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MzShg7yXik

These are the hands we're given. Let's try to make this a world worth fighting for.

Aunt Jean said...

Hey everyone is anybody on here? Hey Suz are you still there? jean

What do you all think of the new thread. I'm having trouble logging on. Does anyone have any ideas? Jean

Independent Voter said...

Hey there AJ. I had the same problem. It doesn't like spaces so if you want to continue to go by Aunt Jean.......put the two words together. Example, AuntJean

Leah Texas4Obama said...

Aunt Jean,

Did you set up a new account at:

http://www.intensedebate.com/

Once you set a name and password then you can log in at DCW.

Aunt Jean said...

Dave and Leah thanks. Jean

Independent Voter said...

You're welcome AJ

See, this has at least been somewhat useful :)

suzihussein22 said...

I know the problem on the new thread isn't us.

Leah Texas4Obama said...

We need to ALL email Matt at

demconwatch AT googlegroups.com

and 'nicely' beg him to give us our old Open Thread back!

.

Leah Texas4Obama said...

Okay,
I put a petition up on the DCW Open Thread. Ya all can go there and click POST REPLY to sign it.

suzihussein22 said...

Thanks, Leah.

i v dave-This wasn't the kind of ranting you were expecting, huh?!

Progress is great for a new format, but not just for progress' sake.

suzihussein22 said...

That guy is something else. I just had a wild day of finding somebody I hadn't seen for almost 20 yrs. and come back home to see the open thread's been hijacked. So anyway-

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/29/usnews/whispers/main4397566.shtml

It looks like an article you'd see on Faux, Limp, & Co. They just keep spinning, eh?

Independent Voter said...

Question: A bus full of lesbians and a bus full of gay men are taking a road trip. They're going from San Diego to lets just say San Francisco. Who gets there first?

---------------------


Answer:

The Lesbians..............they're going a lickity split and the men are still packing their shit.

vwis said...

Indy,

You know I have something to say. Thanks!

I hope MinGA, Jean,and Aunt Jean check this out. I have several things to say.

First, don't give him the satisfaction of a response. That is what he is trolling for.

Second, I have developed a theory that has always held true. When someone makes accusations against someone else it says more about themselves than it does the person they are talking about.

I will follow this up with the proof his own words and what he is all about.

vwis said...

He's now saying I didn't apologize.
But then to specifically NOT apologize,

MinM,

I'm sorry I wasted your time.
November 14, 2008 10:22 AM


My first reaction was to post "My apology was sincere. I was being gracious. God bless your soul."

I couldn't get it posted because of the problems with signing in over there.

"I'm sorry, that message should have been directed to so-and-so'.

Jean had posted and corrected this before I had the chance.

If he had read Jean's post and follow the link he would have known what I was blogging about.

I had posted on the front page and he was all over me there "like a babies diaper. "Wet, clingy and full of ##it.

I then moved to open thread he was right away on my butt. That I had done something wrong. I was working from a memory from 8 years ago. My first thought was what had I done to deserve this? I remembered him from before.

vwis said...

My second response was, Yay for me! Mission Accomplished! with a sub-heading at least at the time being until I give insight into who you really are and what/who you represent.

M "Sorry, I was multi-tasking" or some other male bovine dropping response

V: At least I'm not an equine's hindquarter espousing equine's bowel movement.

Yes, I know big words too, but my effort is to communicate, to be heard, and be understood and not to intimidate. I write like I speak at a level aimed at the likely reader. Not high-brow gibberish from a elderly bit of flatulence.

I'm just getting started here. Keep checking back. I'm sure you'll all get a kick out of it. I hope you enjoy it.

vwis said...

I just figured out who M is:

VVVVVVVVVV(drumroll)VVVVVVVVVV
The caveman on the Geico commercial. He says that Baltimore is a good place to learn dance moves and M is from Baltimore, Maryland. Do you see any other similarities? Mind you I wasn't sure M knew how to dance, but he'd better learn quick.

vwis said...

Honestly, he practices personal ad hominem as admitted to here. He attacks me on personal issues rather than substance, because he couldn't find a good way to refute it. This is not something someone knows unless they have studied it to use against people. He is presenting my material as incoherent and sloppy to divert me off the issues and he would like to discredit me and my ideas.

vwis said...

I appreciated his tips. Like Ctl + and gave him credit. Also, the paraphrasing is a good idea, but there are no hard and fast rules in blogging, just good practice. He is slowing down the blog and making it a less enjoyable experience for all.
His effort is to stifle ideas. So that he can rule over this blog. He totally lacks any of his own. (I can back this up with his piece on deism on Aug 23, straight out of wikipedia). I also can supply examples typos (on Aug 24) by him which he found so heinous when I did them. He trolls the blog looking for someone to bite. I use to really like this site for provocative, lively information. I had noticed that it had become much more tame and less interesting. When ideas flow freely and quickly with minor errors it allows for free thought and critical thinking.
He need to dust the cobwebs from the recesses of his gray-matter. There are institutions for people like him. He has been retired from his job and needs someone to take his keyboard and smash it to pieces.

vwis said...

Presently I am mother and I am always multitasking.

This was an attempt to reintroduce myself, since I hadn't posted since June. My posting tools were admittedly rusty. For him to point that out is acceptable. For him to keep it up however was not. I kept reading his "do not feed the trolls" comments and wondered why he was saying that was aall about. I then discovered his statement about good management. (I can back this up, but I think that won't be necessary.)

When I blogged here before, he attacked the males (Ed, Greywolf, Magia and Ap for example). I just dismissed it as male chauvinism. Some of them were very interesting to blog with. I'd like to put a call out to invite them back in and let them know we now have him where we want him. You could debate with them and gain some insight. I debated with him once and found it a total waste on my time. Considering how much I've blogged here he's got me again, but a little more productive.

I believe that you all have decided to unite against him. Hurrah!

He said he worked in the Federal Government. I've heard from good authority that they are going through Washington and getting rid of that type of deadwood. They want to get things done. He's decided to go underground and stifle any progress we try to make in the right direction.

The idea that I had that he was denouncing was; in response to what are you doing for inauguration, I was going to celebrate at home and plant a tree. One reason was to commemorate Obama's election. The other was to remember the Bush yrs. so that we learn from our mistakes and make amends to the world. There was an interesting piece on NPR (Out on a Limb) on a study done on trees. The researched figured out that each person has 61 trees/person. She then looked at everything we use wood in. 61 isn't very high. My suggestion would increase the oxygen levels in the air and satisfy the clean air people. If everyone who supported Obama or wants to make amends for Bush planted a tree how would these oxygen levels change.

Just three years ago, the world had a 17% oxygen level. Today we are at 15%. Thirty yrs ago we were at 30%. At 12% we will need to wear gas masks. There are those powers that be that believe we need to lower the earth population to stop that. My statement was what if we all did a simple act that changed that direction in the world.

People in apartments could plant a bush on their balcony or head out and reforest any area like the forests in CA that just burnt.

I know the fires are a pain, but we still need trees.

Karen Anne, posted she thought it was a good idea, but suggested not to wait because the ground would be frozen. I live in the south and that had not concerned me. She was going to email her friends.

He wanted to discredit me. He wants to be the only leader on the DCW other then Matt, Yoursi, Oreo, Mr. Super, and Leah. He felt threatened by my suggestion. I think he thinks he's our self-appointed manager.

If Matt and the others want him in that position that's fine with me. It's people like him that cause insurance companies to settle out of court. I would rather not even acknowledge him.

We cannot expect the government to do everything for us. We can change the world for the better if we so choose.

vwis said...

I just looked at the ultrasound of Ap's son. His son has a big heart. How sweet. I could never make-out that much about my ultrasounds.

Aunt Jean said...

Vwis

I'm here. AJ

vwis said...

Aunt J,

Yes, I'm here.

Aunt Jean said...

Vwis

most of the things people put on here about Hillary is from bloggs. So why would they even post it when if it was about Obama they wouldn't even think about posting it. AJ

vwis said...

This site is a great idea. We can plot against the trolls.

I've practically written a book here though. Have you read my stuff. It's good if I do say so myself.

Aunt Jean said...

Vwis

I can remember when I was agaist Obama and I would post things about Obama and they would get their underwear in a twist and bitch and gripe and say oh that is from a blog or trash paper. AJ

Aunt Jean said...

Vwis even though I haven't read all of them what I have read is very good. AJ

vwis said...

It wasn't on a blog. It was her disclosures. If you read my last post on DCW, you know it's Columbia I'm against. HRC has service her country well in public service. She has earned whatever she gets. I'm sure her camp they're weighing well where she can best serve this country and her own interests. It will all work out her the best. I was giving you a heads up that all.

Aunt Jean said...

Vwis

I've also seen her disclosures either I missed or something. AJ

vwis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vwis said...

Aunt J,

I have to go to physical therapy now. I'll tell you that story here. Keep checking back. It's like a secret club here or a hideout.

If you want to meet here suggest we need R&R. They'll all think rest and relaxation. We can let them in as we choose. Post how to get here and then delete.

Aunt Jean said...

Vw

I guess the reasons I like Hillary so much besides the good she has done.She reminds me of me in some ways. People knock her down and she gets right back up and pushes harder. Her commitment to her beliefs and dog determation. I have always tried to do the right thing even at the sacrifice at my own happiness if that is what it took if I felt deep down that it was the right thing to do. I wasn't trying to play a do gooder that's just the way I am. I've tried changing those things about me but I can't I guess they are to deeply imbedded inside of me.AJ

Aunt Jean said...

Vwis ok

Aunt Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vwis said...

Aunt J,
Has Dave been here? He has been on the other DCW either as of late. I hope he's o.k.

suzihussein22 said...

vwis-Dave's had a lot of papers to work on. I'm sure he's devoting a lot of time to Bill right now also...plus the work he did for No to Prop 8.

I hope you're having a good holiday weekend.

Aunt Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Jean said...

Vwis

just wanted to make a comment

that pompous man Mike IN GA lied out his mouth tonight. The reason I deleted the posts was because it's the same old argument. He posted and said thank you for deleting all the post with the foul language. The only curse words I used was jack### and quit bit##ing at me. that's all. I don't consider that real foul language like he implied. I do believe that he is trying to turn everyone against me. Also Mike in Maryland is just as bad.That site is becoming so boring to be on when they are on there. AJ

Aunt Jean said...

One more thing Joshua

is nothing but a little jerk boy with an inflated ego and sick person [with him getting pleasure with someone getting beat with a whip for writing graffiti on a wall. Yes they should be made to scrub it off or pay to having it repainted maybe jail time but beat thats sick. AJ

Anonymous said...

Where did everything go??????????
It is a bit confusing.
HELP.
Are we done?
jean

Leah Texas4Obama said...

Here's a link to the NEW DCW Open Thread:

http://www.demconwatchblog.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=53

On the on NEW DCW website:
http://www.demconwatchblog.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Went to the new site.
I just do not think it is for me.
Perhaps when I have more time, I do not have it now.
Suzi,Karen Anne,Aunt Jean,Leah, and of course dear Indy:)
I do not know who comes here.
Talk to you soon I hope.
jean

Karen Anne said...

Hi,

I'm here. The DCW folks do a great job, but I don't think their new handling of the Open Thread will work.

So maybe we should hang out here for that :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen Anne,
It drove me nuts.
I was at the welcome thread, the open thread and another, well, maybe an Intro thread?
Driving me nuts.
jean

Karen Anne said...

Leah,

i just caught up with the old open thread. Your cows, etc. is hilarious :-)

suzihussein22 said...

Hey guys. You're not getting rid of me that easy. :)

Aunt Jean said...

Hey everyone glad to see some people on this thread. Does anyone like the new open thread?

I can't figure out who has posted what on what can anyone else? AJ

Aunt Jean said...

I'm so glad to see Suzi, Leah, Karen Anne, and Jean. Where is the rest? AJ [just not the trolls] LOL

Aunt Jean said...

Hey

Dave you need to check this site. If you're sweet we'll let you post with us. LMAO AJ

Aunt Jean said...

This is just like the old thread. I like it much better than the new thread.AJ

Karen Anne said...

Hi, AJ,

I couldn't make heads or tails of the new open thread stuff.

Otherwise, I like the new site a bit better. It took some getting used to. (They let Leah and me be test guinea pigs, so we've been over there a few days.) I esp. like that we can make our own posts, and it is easy to find new comments (they are flagged in red "new".)

I hope iv figures out this is where we are. Who else are we missing - beryl, ap, ?

Anonymous said...

Hey AJ,
Nice to see ya, You know what I mean.

Learning to do the new thread will be good. We just have to do it:)
It does take time.

Suzi, You will never get rid of me girlfriend:)
Things have been a bit rough with the kids.
Been really busy.
It is some friends of the daughter that has Truly put a wrench in things and I am trying to be objective.
I hope things are going well for you.

Indy,
For goodness gracious, CHECK IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy is Indy in for a surprise.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice giggle:)

jean

suzihussein22 said...

jean-Yes, we've had some trouble with one of our daughter's best friends. We signed up to help with the school band. Fun, fun, toot, toot. One of these days I'll make it to the west coast and you'll let me find you.

It sounded like on the new blog that WJC got reined in a little bit because of who he gave a speech for. He's back under a microscope, eh?

Aunt Jean said...

Don't forget VWIS. Hi everyone. I don't know about the new thread if it's going to be my cup of tea. AJ

Anonymous said...

Suzi,
Crap!
What did Bill do now????????
He is smart but sometimes, well, yes he does forget sometimes.

YOU BETCHA if you hit the west coast.

Gonna go check on Bill.
I cannot acted surprised:)

jean

suzihussein22 said...

jean-Sometimes it seemed like HRC was the brains behind him. Strategy takes intelligence. I'm only a novice at chess myself.

Anonymous said...

Suzi,
I tried.
Where is the info on what Bill did?
If possible:)
jean
It is not on CNN or my search.

Aunt Jean said...

Jean

I liked your: YOU BETCHA sounds a lot better coming from you. LMAO!!!!!AJ

Karen Anne said...

Jean,

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/06/us/politics/06clinton.html

is the latest on Bill. Not new stuff, just giving speeches for giant amounts of money from dubious characters. This one was not vetted by Obama's people. I forget when they start doing that.

Aunt Jean said...

Karen Anne

why do people automatically think dubious when it comes to Bill. Why because he make great money for his speeches. Just because someone says that they are dubious doesn't make it true. Do you know of this man Mr Vinod Sekhar? Do you know that he is dubious? Or is it because it's Bill Clinton doing it? Does he not do good things? AJ

Karen Anne said...

Hi, AJ,

Bill does plenty of good things, I guess it's human nature for people to remember the messups first. Which is too bad.

Where is iv? Did he say he had to study or something?

suzihussein22 said...

k a-iv's schedule seems to be close to my Mike's. He may be having finals. It sounds like he's also organizing a group to help appeal prop 8.

suzihussein22 said...

I'v still got to figure out how to put in my own password on the new site.

Aunt Jean said...

Karen Anne

You are probable right as far as people remembering people messups. I just would like it if people remembered the good things he does more often. I guess because of my own screwups in life. AJ

Karen Anne said...

suzi,

On the right hand side it will say something like suzi's page. Click on that and then the Profile tab. That gives you access to setting a bunch of stuff like your password.

Emit R Detsaw said...

Well, first of all - Hi gang!

The new DemConWatch really no longer has an open thread. They have basically a bunch of "subject" threads that can be started by anyone. Calling one of those threads as "Open" doesn't really lend itself to what we had going. This Open forum might get real busy now. ;o)

Not sure how much I will pop in. Know you are all much closer to each other, but will try from time to time.

I get to stop coming into work on 12/19. Then I will either semi-retire or look for a fun job to do until the economy recovers and there are more jobs out there. At least I am set for early retirement if that is what life wants me to do. Kind of like the thought of early retirement - plus my wife said she has lots of projects around the house for me to do. LOL

Karen Anne said...

Hi, Emit,

I "got retired" too, back in 1999. About the 4th or 5th layoff, I forget which, in the dotcom collapse stuck.

There were occasional fun part time jobs where I lived in California, I wound up writing a newspaper column and also working as an assistant to a publisher for awhile, but the fun job market is non-existent where I am now.

Too bad. I would certainly like a couple of days a week interesting job, and wouldn't turn down the money :-) either.

Anonymous said...

Suzi,
Ya know. I think Bill is quite brilliant but I think people do not recognize where he is coming from.
He was President of the US for 8 years and did a good job.
He had a LOT of restrictions and now he does not.
He is doing what he wants, even taking money from Ya-Hoos but he is going to do some MAJOR help with his foundation.
Carter has done the same thing and
it will be interesting on what happens now that there is no Bush in office.
Bush COULD do more good out of office than in office. That also includes JR. and SR.
Presidents have to do a lot of compromises. I do not think they like a lot of them and perhaps they "let loose" once out of office.

Aunt Jean,
This is what I think has happened with Bill. He now has to throttle back and that kinda sucks.
He is also doing this because I think he really loves HRC.
He did screw up but obviously it got worked out between them.
I also do not think that was anyone's business but he did not help how he handled it.


I know Indy is very busy with school and if you look prior, he does not check in much, if not at all on this thread.
He is gonna freak!!!!
HEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he also gets a warm fuzzy feeling.

jean

Anonymous said...

Emit,
I am sorry that the possible "early retirement" is not your choice.
The husband had that period of time and did the "honey do list" but also did the "Cooking Channel";)
Boy did I love it.
It was just plain old fun and an adventure everyday.
He is back to work full time now for a while but STILL watches the Cooking Channel and the 15yr old son watches also and again, everyday is an adventure.
The condition of the kitchen afterward is a different story but still is always a adventure.
Thank goodness the dishwasher got fixed:)

jean

Karen Anne said...

Jean,

I agree, Bill does love Hillary. She deserves it.

Aunt Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Jean said...

Hey everyone how is things going this evening? Emit glad to see you posting even though you irritate me sometimes but I don't hold it against you LOL. All joking aside glad to see you posting. AJ

Karen Anne said...

Well, a different kind of troll. Help, iv ;-)

suzihussein22 said...

Hi emit. I'm glad you planned ahead, even if it's happening sooner than you expected.

Emit R Detsaw said...

Hum, do a work from home working for an India company that has stolen jobs from American workers.... Yeah that sounds like a good idea - NOT. LOL

Or post your resume or data so they can steal your identity.

Yeah A.J., we have rubbed elbows on some things. I'll behave. We live too close to each other to stay hostile. ;o)

Emit R Detsaw said...

Thanks all for the well wishes. It's actually the second time in 2 years that I got laid off by the same company. They don't get a third chance. LOL

I'm just one of the lucky ones that has Military Retirement and Disability Pensions to fall back on. I felt real bad with the rest of workers that are middle aged to young that really need to work to support a family.

Obama provides great hope that things will improve in the near future.

Beryl said...

Here you folks are! I didn't know where everyone went.

Emit,
Until the market crashed, I was so close to early, early retirement that I could taste it. Now, I'm praying that I can hang on to my job for another 3 years and then just early retire. It looks like I'm golden for 1 more year. My job has been modified so I have more responsibility (more work -- same pay). (Thank God!)

One year at a time...

No comments about the "F-ing" Governor of Illinois?

Anonymous said...

Beryl,
OH MY GOSH!

I cannot even believe it is real.
It sounds like a bad movie.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/10/illinois.governor/index.html

Here is some info for easy reference for everyone.

I am just waiting for the discovery's of the bodies in the cement:)

jean

Karen Anne said...

Beryl,

I skimmed the entire complaint, skipping the Illinois-only stuff.

It looks like Obama is clean as a whistle, slime boy even cursed him out to someone else because nothing was offered to get candidate #1 (apparently Valerie Jarrett) the job. And the investigators were careful to say there was nothing against Obama.

I hope the general public realizes this.

Slime boy is just crazy. I have to wonder what goes on in the heads of people that corrupt.

Aunt Jean said...

Emit

I'll fess up I need to behave also. LOL. AJ


Beryl

glad to see you. Hope things go well for you. Just give it some more time Obama will be in office very soon. AJ

Like you all that Ill. slimeball gov tried to bring Obama into it but didn't get away with it. thank God!!!

Aunt Jean said...

I don't know about anyone else but the new open thread is very BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AJundiv

Karen Anne said...

AJ,

We need some extra life over here as well :-) Where the heck are ap and iv?? And I've probably forgotten others we're missing...

Aunt Jean said...

Karen Anne

it seems you're right. Where is eveybody have they forgotten us? I wish we could hear from Dave I'm really starting to get worried. AJ

Aunt Jean said...

Karen Anne

Isn't Ap going to leave the US real soon? AJ

Karen Anne said...

AJ,

I do think I remember that ap is leaving he US soon, but I can't remember when.

Aunt Jean said...

Karen Anne

I was looking in the old Open Thread and he's going to the netherlands. I know it's going to be soon just not quite sure if it's this month or next. AJ

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Jean said...

Karen Anne

I'm headed for the sack I'm tired so goodnight. Aj

suzihussein22 said...

Hey guys. The boss didn't realize he needed to give me my vacation days somehow so I've been having to get info together for when I'm not there. You know how that goes.

Who do people like the IL gov. think they are?! If he's not held accountable then someone like Sen. Stevens can go back and say he's not being treated fairly.

Aunt Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Jean said...

Oh where oh where is my blogging buddies gone oh where oh where can they be. I don't know but I'm feeling lonely!!! LOL

Hey where is everyone!!!!!! Iv Dave you had better get your butt on here real soon!!!! We miss you. AJ

Just thought I would give you guys a little amusement to read.

Emit R Detsaw said...

LOL A.J. Now I'll have that tune in the back of my head the rest of the day. ;o)

On the Ill Govenor. He's a typical crook politician that turned me off to politics (until this years Presidential race). Glad he got caught. He's been corrupt for a long time. Trying to sell Obama's Senate seat was just the latest in a long line.

I believe Jackson Jr in that he knew nothing about the money offer. I have had 2 senerios run through my head on those.

1) Reverand Jackson went to the Governor to try to bribe his son into the position without his son knowing about it. I have never found Rev Jackson to be very honorable.

2) The Governor was making it up that #5's people had offered $$$ to try to see if he could get anyone else to actually give him something for the position.

I hope thought #2 is accurate. Then it would fall solely on the Governor's shoulders.

Aunt Jean said...

Emit

I don't even know why that tune came into my mind. LOL.

As far as that slimeball gov. hopefully it will be number two but like you Rev.Jackson there is something about him that I never trusted. Just nothing I can put my finger on. I thought it was just me. AJ

Aunt Jean said...

Emit

are you getting all your honey do list done for your wife? AJ

Emit R Detsaw said...

Well, first she has to write one. I keep asking for one, but she always replys that I'm so busy she doesn't want to bother me. That as I sit on my lazy butt watching a game. LOL

I'm sure she will have the list ready when I am home more. I have 1 more week at work on the "working notice", then get the last 2 weeks of December as non-working notice. Mostly sitting around at work, looking at websites, including here. ;o) Oh, yeah, and answering questions by those having to pick up the parts of my job. Poor fools. They will be busting their butts trying to not be in the next round of layoffs in May. Think they announced the additional ones to get folks to work more. Real good to be out of that environment.

Aunt Jean said...

Emit

yes I imagine it is. It's very stressful working in that kind of environment. AJ

Aunt Jean said...

Emit

it will be right around the corner when Obama can start working on what he {Bush] has screwed up. Maybe the economy will look a lot better this time next year. We can all hope so.AJ

suzihussein22 said...

Oh where, oh where, did our warm weather go...LOL...pretty fluffy flakes. The clouds sure did need that headnshoulders.

Aunt Jean said...

Suzi

LOL LOL LOL LOL AJ

suzihussein22 said...

emit-That photo of you is irresistible. :)

jean-Our daughter had a program tonight as first chair in her section. We had to drive through 4 inches of rain, then freezing temps, and then a snow shower. Talk about dedication. :)

Aunt Jean said...

Hey everyone word verification:

this is a good one: pacepign

pace picanta sauce and they are pig en out on it. ROFLMAO AJ

suzihussein22 said...

a j-It is the song that never ends...:) What ya up to? I see the news and just keep shaking my head. The microcosm of the economy at work has been bad enough this year. Earning an above average raise still doesn't compensate for the cost of living increase.

suzihussein22 said...

a j-with sour cream?

Aunt Jean said...

Suzi

you can keep the sour cream.LOL.

I see you made it home I'm glad.

As far as the cost of living yea I know what you mean. Food has sky rocketed. AJ

Emit R Detsaw said...

But at least the gas prices have been falling. Maybe food will follow with the cost of transportation being down. Gas Station closest to my home in San Antonio today: $1.52

Doing back flips if it hits 1.50. That was where I predicted it would go before going back up.

Emit R Detsaw said...

Thanks Suzi, just wish the animation would work on this site. He is really beating the stuffing out of the computer...... Hum, I dated a Susan back in High School....... ;o)

suzihussein22 said...

emit-Suzi is short for Sue. When I need to vent that much, I'll move my flat of bricks one block at a time. :)

suzihussein22 said...

emit-A stock broker had said gas would go down to 2.50 back this summer. Enough people will hopefully realize we need alternatives. Food prices...do you guess we'll have to wait for rollbacks? :)

suzihussein22 said...

Let's hope the riots that have spread from Greece don't touch off here.

suzihussein22 said...

Okay, folks. It's farmers' hours for me too. :)

Karen Anne said...

Flooding photos from Italy. What a beautiful country, i had never seen photos of some of these places before -

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008/12/12/world/1212-ITALY_index.html

Karen Anne said...

Valerie Jarrett does her Bjork imitation :-)

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/i/partypictures/09_04_07/ravinia/ravinia14.jpg

Anonymous said...

Sorry everyone I skipped out for so long.
The daughter has had a few problems the past few weeks and it looks like a pacemaker.
I found a great blog of people with pacemakers and they have answered a bunch of questions.
Next week could be hectic.
I think the best way to describe myself right now is scattered, everything is in line, but I am just scattered.

In reference to current CRAP, Blagojevich I think is the largest PILE, The Block of Southern Senators who blocked the Auto Bailout because they already gave the money to Toyota etc. in their states a while ago, and LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The President Elect wants to move in early to the Blair House so he can start SOLVING the worst economic crisis in history and he is told NO!
NO???????????????????????
The man does not want to move in so that he can sit and eat Bon-Bons with his wife.
WEW:) Had to get that one off my chest.

I hope Indy is OK.

jean

suzihussein22 said...

jean-I bet your daughter has such a sweet heart. One of my nieces does too...and strong.

Don't you think W is flicking his power around for as long as he can? It's like saying for the definition of W, look up lame duck.

Aunt Jean said...

Jean

sorry to hear about all the trouble with your daughter. We are having a lot of trouble with my niece right now and we did have trouble with one of my great nieces. Both had a hole in their heart fixed. But now my niece keeps passing out and her blood pressure keeps dropping real low. She has gone to the doctor and had so many tests done and they can't figure out what is wrong. Maybe one day they will find out.

But onto some other subject. As far as Bush"s office refusing to let Obama move in to the Blair House to get started on the worst economic crisis in history and saying no he's a fu###ing AO what do you expect.

As far as Blagojevich he is a hugh pile of sh##. AJ

Karen Anne said...

Jean,

I am sorry your daughter is having trouble.

I am in a web support group for people with afib, and some people in there, coincidentally also have pacemakers. They seem to do well.

Karen Anne said...

Aunt Jean,

Has your niece worn a Holter monitor for awhile, long enough for it to be recording when she has a passing out episode? That might tell them what is going on. I wore one for 30days once.

Where the heck is iv, I also am getting worried about him.

Anonymous said...

karen anne,
I am not sure but remember when Indy was doing something with Mud etc.
Things can get strange.
Yup,I am worried.
jean

Anonymous said...

karen anne,
The daughter is doing the halter monday. It showed exactly what was wrong in 24 hrs.
I call her Robobunny when she wears it:)

jean

Independent Voter said...

Hey Ya'll!!!!!!! Sorry, been really busy. Ive been working on essays and research papers. Almost done. I will be back next week. Anyway, everything is going well on this end. Just wanted to check in. I noticed a lot of you have moved over here. I checked out the new DCW site, I haven't been able to locate an open thread over there, but hey....I haven't had a chance to thoroughly look it over. Maybe I just over looked it.

Anyway, I'll catch you all later.
Dave

Anonymous said...

Indy,
GOODNESS.
Glad you are well.
We thought something happened to you.
OK, yes I am a Mom but you have never been gone this long.
Yup. I do sound like a Mom.
Good luck with school.
Many here were worried about you.
jean

Aunt Jean said...

Hey everyone
I noticed that Dave checked in. Glad to see that he's alright. I will kick his butt later. LOL

Karen Anne yes she wore the monitor before she had her surgery but I don't think that they have put one on her since then.

I've been gone all day. My mother, sister, nephew, and I went to go look at Christmas lights earlier tonight and was very disappointed. Maybe next year I just can't seem to get in the Christmas spirit this year guess I've got to much on my mind.

Hope everyone is doing well. AJ

Karen Anne said...

Whew, iv!

AJ, I was looking at some department store Christmas windows on the web, and wondering if it was worth the drive into the city to see if they do that where I live now.

Not the same as when I was a little kid and there were local department stores that did it right. Now they've been bought up by chains, renamed, etc.

Karen Anne said...

Leah,

You have some odd text in the Biden puppy post at the new dcw, at the bottom.

Leah Texas4Obama said...

Karen Anne-

Yep, I know. I was testing some HTML codes for color and font style and those are the winning results, so I just left them there so I could find them easily until I memorize the codes for them ;)

I didn't think that the puppy post would get very much traffic and that no one would notice the test I left there LOL :)

suzihussein22 said...

In the sense of fairness-

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/14/mccain.senate/index.html

If he had sounded more like this in the campaign, he would have stood a better chance of winning, which of course I'm glad he didn't.

suzihussein22 said...

I couldn't redo my password today on the new site. The page came up blank. Oh well, we're getting ready to head for VA.

peevish-Hopefully the kinks got worked out and you're on your way to your family. We love You! Godspeed!

Emit R Detsaw said...

Susie - I've noticed this past week from work that the DemCon site does a lot of blank page unless I wait a period of time, even after the "done" shows up in the bottom right hand corner. It hasn't done it from home so I am thinking it might be a Internet Explorer update or something. I use Firefox at home.

Yeah, 1 more day of work to go. ;o)

Karen Anne said...

Obama's latest inclusive picks are starting to give me a bit of a headache :-)

I realize he has to govern from the center, but this is getting a bit scary.

Aunt Jean said...

Karen Anne

I will agree with you and think Obama pick the wrong person. The selection of Warren to deliver the invocation at the inauguration seems really way out there for me. AJ

Beryl said...

Actually, I'm cool with that pick.

Aunt Jean said...

Beryl

why would you be cool with that selection?

He pushed prop.8. He's against abortions for any reasons. Plus a number of other things.

Don't get me wrong I'm not for using abortion as a form of birth control. AJ

Beryl said...

Why am I cool with the Warren pick? Let me give you my frame of reference first:

I don't agree with Prop 8 for constitutional reasons so wouldn't have voted for it. However, I do not support gay marriage. I support civil unions with 100% of the legal rights of a marriage. I don't agree with Warren's comparison of homosexuality with pedophilia or incest. He should have compared it with fornication and adultery which would have had over 50% of his self-righteous church members squirming in the pews.

Also, I am pro-life but agree with keeping abortions legal for medical/health (not psychological or sociological or economic) reasons.

That said, I think selecting Warren will keep right wing from tarnishing the reputation of a more moderate minister. Also, I think there is hope with Rick Warren and if Warren comes around to a more reasonable way of thinking, other evangelical Christians may also see the light.

Billy Graham is up in age and could not do it but I like his daughter, Anne, for the job though.

Aunt Jean said...

Hey everyone word verification: horses:ye haw AJ

Anonymous said...

Let me be clear in my opinion.

The Warren pick makes me sick to my stomach.
It has nothing to do with Prop 8.
He considers gay relationships similar to that of incest but worse.
Warren is a pig.

Why did I vote for Obama??????????
I feel lied to, cheated for what he promised of change, and now expect nothing in return.

Yes I am very angry right now and I do not see any dissipation in the near future.

Disgust, YUP, that is the word.

jean

Emit R Detsaw said...

I don't have a problem with Warren giving the invocation.

Anyone remember the last 2 or 3 preachers that gave the invocation?

Obama said he was going to do things a bit different, well, this would be different. ;o)

Anonymous said...

This is not different. This is a rape of the party.

I guess Chicago politics don't leave the man.

Aunt Jean said...

Beryl

I don't think religion has any place in politics. There has been to many things done in the name of religion.

Plus the fact that I know of a few preachers that are really screwed up in the head.

As far as schools I wouldn't want someones beliefs shoved down my child's throat.

Do I believe in God yes but what I believe is maybe not what you believe.

Just like this:Also, I am pro-life but agree with keeping abortions legal for medical/health (not psychological or sociological or economic) reasons.

You said not for psychological reasons. Are you saying if a young girl is raped and gets pregnant that she shouldn't be able to get an abortion. If that is what you mean I don't think that is right.

That is the reason I'm not either. I have no right to push my own beliefs on someone else they are the one that will have to answer for the things that they have done.AJ

Aunt Jean said...

Jean

I can understand your anger and where it is coming from.

I don't believe preachers like Mr Warren has any place near there. It's like a slap in the face. I guess my biggest problem with most preachers is they are self righteous and quick to push what they believe the bible to say.

I have seen in my life time one really great preacher. That was in Tennessee he believed he was just a messenger for God. That it's not what he believed was right that was important it was what you believed. AJ

Anonymous said...

Aunt Jean,
I agree.
I am very disturbed about Obama's
choice of Warren.
OK, beyond disturbed.

And please do not forget,
If you want to assassinate someone in Iran feel free, Warren says it is OK.

Aunt Jean said...

Jean

that's sad. I heard and read that he has some weird beliefs. There is enough hate in this world without people like him. AJ

Anonymous said...

Aunt Jean,
The only thing that can be assumed is that Obama is enabling Warren and that scares the crap out of me.
Is he trying to see how he can screw up HRC's job?????????
I guarantee that he is not helping.
jean

Aunt Jean said...

Jean

why would he do that, because that would also reflect badly on him.

How would that screw up Hillarys job? AJ

Beryl said...

AJ
I'm not pushing my beliefs on anyone. I answered the question as to why I'm fine with Warren giving an invocation.

"You said not for psychological reasons. Are you saying if a young girl is raped and gets pregnant that she shouldn't be able to get an abortion."

If a woman (girl, senior, whoever) is raped, I think she should be able to have medical treatment which would include a DNC to clean out all traces of the violation. That would be an abortion, if the rape resulted in conception. This is why I support keeping abortions legal.

Again, I'm not pushing my beliefs on you. You asked and I answered.

What I meant about "psychological reasons" is like the woman who says "I was not emotionally ready to have a child. I'm just getting my career together."

Heck, if you weren't ready to have a child, you should have kept your legs closed. Sorry for the crudeness but this really pisses me off.

I don't think Obama could please everyone no matter who he picked. Suppose he had picked a Buddhist monk or a Rabbi? God forbid if he had picked an Imam.

Whateva. I agree with Emit. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who is giving an invocation. This is just a news story that is being blown out of proportion, IMO.

Aunt Jean said...

Beryl

I didn't understand what you meant but am glad that you cleared it up and I agree with what you said about the abortion part. AJ

Anonymous said...

AJ,
Daughter just got home and gotta go.
Warren has stated to assassinate the president of Iran would be good.
Obama has him as a spiritual adviser for his inauguration.
HRC is Secretary of State.
How would you talk to Iran with this wide knowledge and Warren is quite proud of it.

Just Stupid.

Have a good night.
jean

Aunt Jean said...

Jean
you have a good night that is where I'm heading. AJ

Karen Anne said...

Bad news for science fiction fans (I know someone else here is one, but I forget who) -

Majel Barrett Roddenberry passed away. I didn't even know she was sick, but apparently she'd had leukemia for some time.

I wonder if that's why she wasn't on the latter Star Treks as much as I'd hoped. I will miss her.

Karen Anne said...

Beryl,

I support gay marriage. It is demeaning to gays to say that their relationships are less valid than heterosexual ones.

Plus it is a legal nightmare to try to get to civil unions "with 100% of the legal rights of a marriage." You'd have to have every state having to comb thru its laws and every institution like hospitals and insurance companies having to comb thru its policies to update them, and many lawsuits. It would probably take two generations to achieve 100% legal rights, and then we'd still be in a situation where gay relationships were treated somehow less valid.

They are so not like fornication and adultery. Those are sins.

I'm having trouble with your reasoning about abortion also. If we leave aside the situations where the mother's life or health is in danger, then let's look at your scenarios.

You're okay with an abortion if a woman has been raped, but you're not okay with it if the family can't financially or emotionally support a child? Why is one okay but not the other?

When having another child would mean she'd lose her job and the family is financially hanging by a thread and would not have enough to pay rent without her pay? Is she supposed to "keep her legs together" when her husband wants to have a sexual relationship? (And we all know no method of contraception is foolproof.) How about if it means any other kids they have won't have enough food or medical care?

I think it would help me understand your position if you could say what your fundamental basis of thought is about abortion.

Mine is a woman has control over her body. I understand logically prolife people who say the fetus is a human being and an abortion is murder. I understand logically people with a middle view that is prolife but deals with situations where the mother's life and the fetus are in conflict.

I don't understand where you fit in there, because you seem to be saying abortions are not allowed for people whose morals you disagree with.

Karen Anne said...

Okay, back to Obama.

My mindset is that I know he is more of a centrist than I am. So I have flinched a bit at some of his Cabinet picks, but I see what he's doing, I think.

The proof of the pudding will be what his administration actually does, and that hasn't started yet. So I have been reserving judgment.

And yes, the traitorous thought that we might have been better off with Hillary has crossed my mind.

But the Warren thing really rattles my cage. I did sometime ago realize that Obama is really a Christian in somewhat of the fundamentalist sense, vs. Christianity as I see it, which is the God Is Love variety. People in the former category are not liberals in any true sense.

And I can see reaching out to the Evangelical community, but picking a hatemonger, I just don't see that. It will be a blot on the Inauguration, which should be a day of joy. I hope people boo when Warren speaks.

There are so many better people he could have picked.

Well, if he can fix the economy, help the environment in substantial ways, and get us out of Iraq, I will be happy. I am trying to think in those terms. And waiting and seeing.

Emit R Detsaw said...

Again on Warren. I can't really believe that everyone is getting their panties in a wad over this. Obama is trying to be inclusive. Yet this has seemed to rattle both sides.

People need to get back to the 60's love fest and stop hating people for having different opinions.

Geez...... ;o)

Peace!

Anonymous said...

Emit,
There is much more to this with Warren.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/18/kolbert.warren/index.html
Obama has snubbed some very GOOD Religious Individuals to put Warren in.
A mistake is a mistake.
One needs to own up to it when it happens.
That is what I teach my children and what I live by.
jean

Beryl said...

Karen Anne,
You asked so I'll answer and excuse any typos. Again, I don't push my views on anyone. We all have to account for our own positions and no living person is 100% right about everything -- that is also my opinion.

"They are so not like fornication and adultery. Those are sins."

We agree to disagree on that. The difference between me and some is that I don't see it as different or worse than any other sin that doesn't effect anyone but the perpetrator -- including PRIDE. We all have sinned and fallen short so no one is better than anyone else. God is the final judge and we should all strive to walk in His light.

"You're okay with an abortion if a woman has been raped, but you're not okay with it if the family can't financially or emotionally support a child? Why is one okay but not the other?"

One is a health/medical issue and the other is a psychological/social/economic one. As I said before, if you don't feel you are ready to care for a child, do what is necessary to not get pregnant. Not having sex is the sure-fire way to avoid getting pregnant. There are other, less reliable, ways as well.

"Is she supposed to "keep her legs together" when her husband wants to have a sexual relationship? (And we all know no method of contraception is foolproof.) How about if it means any other kids they have won't have enough food or medical care?"

Yep, yep, yep. If her husband wants to have an unprotected sexual relationship and she doesn't want it, she needs to take the steps keep that from happening. If he rapes her -- then we are back to the health (and now legal) issue. I do volunteer work with women at risk and there are exits for women in this country.

"I think it would help me understand your position if you could say what your fundamental basis of thought is about abortion."

1. I am pro-life, support keeping abortions legal for health reasons.
2. I don't know when life begins (also above my pay grade). However, when life has started we have no right to stop that life unless the health of the mother is at stake. (also an Orthodox Jewish position)
3. I know learning starts in the womb. There are scientific studies which have proven this.
4. I know women will have abortions for non-health reasons and they will have to face the consequences of their decisions.
5. Doctors should not be forced to perform abortions unless it is for health reasons.

Abortions should be rare and I think we should spend more of our resources paving multiple avenues for women so they can avoid them.

I do think the Warren pick was a savvy move on the part of Obama. (In fact, I think all of his picks have been brilliant.) I predict that Warren will be the one who changes his views and rhetoric and that will be a positive effect to millions of young evangelicals.

Karen Anne said...

Beryl,

Just to be clear:

You think homosexual relationships are sinful?

I asked: "You're okay with an abortion if a woman has been raped, but you're not okay with it if the family can't financially or emotionally support a child?

And you said: One is a health/medical issue and the other is a psychological/social/economic one.

I think you are deluding yourself in classifying abortion in the case of rape as a health/medical issue. A psychological health issue, yes. But in general not a physical health or medical issue. I think that the idea of forcing a woman to have a rapist's child is so repugnant to you, as indeed it is to anyone not extremely prolife, that you are unconsciously bending your own reasoning to allow it.

You said "As I said before, if you don't feel you are ready to care for a child, do what is necessary to not get pregnant. Not having sex is the sure-fire way to avoid getting pregnant."

Wow, so no sex for married heterosexual couples after they have the children they can afford to support?

You said: "I don't know when life begins (also above my pay grade)...I know learning starts in the womb."

I am pretty sure a clump of ten cells is not learning anything.

You said "Doctors should not be forced to perform abortions unless it is for health reasons."

I agree with you, no medical professional should be forced to perform a procedure. However, they better not be getting public, i.e. state funds to run their establishment when they imposing their religious beliefs on potential patients. Similarly no pharmacy that serves the public can refuse to provide things like the morning after pill.

You said: "I predict that Warren will be the one who changes his views and rhetoric and that will be a positive effect to millions of young evangelicals."

No, I think this is a loser choice on Obama's part. Warren won’t change, and this choice has already met with anger and disgust on the part of evangelicals.

Beryl said...

Karen Anne,
I choose to only answer your questions.

"You think homosexual relationships are sinful?"

No. Homosexual sexual relationships are sinful. Everyone has relationships with heterosexuals and homosexuals every day knowingly and unknowingly. Those relationships are not sinful.

"Wow, so no sex for married heterosexual couples after they have the children they can afford to support?"

That is your deduction. As I recall, you are educated (graduate degrees and well-traveled) and know there are ways to avoid having children and abortions and still have sex. Therefore, you can draw a different conclusion from my statements.

Karen Anne said...

Beryl,

I think, with all due respect, you are being disingenuous.

I asked what a family was supposed to do if they could not afford to properly care for more children. Reading your reply, and we all know no method of birth control is 100%, it seems that the parents do have to give up having a sexual relationship, at least until the woman is past child bearing age. It's that or put the family in a situation where the children can't properly be cared for.

Still wondering why you get to prohibit gays who want to marry from doing so, when it harms you not at all and it is a reflection of your own personal religious beliefs, and we supposedly have separation of church and state.

Leah Texas4Obama said...

I don't think the Warren pick was a mistake. I think it is part of Obama's strategy.

Everyone should read this article hopefully with an open mind:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-schaeffer/obama-was-right-to-pick-w_b_152330.html

.

Anonymous said...

Leah,
I appreciate what you are saying.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/19/sharpton-defends-warren-c_n_152393.html

I still think it is beyond over the top.
Obama does make mistakes.
jean

Emit R Detsaw said...

On the birth control/abortion topic....and it's always a room divider......a lot of peoples opinions are based on how they were raised or what church has influenced them.

I agree that abortion should never be allowed as a form of birth control, other than when it's a case of rape, or for the mental and well being of the mother.

Otherwise, people need to take the responsibility for their actions. And of course, there is always adoption if they can not afford to keep any additional children.

My sister and her husband's second child was adopted from a young couple that were too young (seniors in high school) to really start a family, but were foolish not to use any birth control. There are options besides abortion in most cases.

Beryl said...

"And of course, there is always adoption if they can not afford to keep any additional children."

Wow. You figured that out yourself? You must be highly educated and well-traveled too.

Ok, I'm being sarcastic. It is just that there are are many alternatives for those who choose to have sex and don't want to have more children. Abortion does not need to be a form of birth control.

Anonymous said...

Emit,
People take responsibility's for their actions.
HUH.
Two Seniors in High School who were IN LOVE, and perhaps they were, and it did not work.
Hormones from heck and oh yeh, they are responsible for their actions.
Woman who a 100 yrs ago were married and already had a kid at 16yrs.
Woman now who have the same hormones and instead go to college, support the family, and the divorce rate is 50%.
Woman progressed far pass what the body catches up to and STILL exceed.
People are following books,The Koran and Bible for example, that are 1000's of years old when the control was that education was non existent and it was used in fear.
I am not in favor of abortion but naturally 1 out of 4 miscarriages occur naturally.
If caught early under 60 days NOONE has the right to tell a woman what she has to do.
No offense, Men just walk away.
I find religion good in many respects, but fear is the foundation in many cases.
I have two wonderful children and lost one.
With each pregnancy my husband asked if I wanted the baby and went by what I wanted. He was very clear in his question and respected it was my body and life that no matter what, I was responsible.
YES we were married.
He is also the BEST DAD I know.
Our society has not progressed to protect unwed mothers or wedded mothers in any degree.
When woman are properly protected if they have children then PERHAPS society has the option of input.
Waiting years for a check in support does not work.
Have you had any close look to the Foster System?
Ideals are great, but it is not the real world.
Warren is a righteous Hatemonger in a Multi Million Dollar House that has prayed on peoples FEARS.
Like I said, there is more to it in my opinion.
jean

Beryl said...

I agree that Obama makes mistakes. He is human and all humans make mistakes. However, I think the Warren move is brilliant. It will take the majority of its citizens to dig the USA out of our current ditch. Winning the hearts and minds of those who didn't support Obama is a strategy that shouldn't be minimized.

Besides that, announcing Warren caused the media to look away from Blago for a hot minute.

More importantly, I am so impressed with Obama's picks today. I love the diversity but expected more than 2 Republicans. I still haven't heard anything about my favorite Republican, Chuck Hagel.

Anonymous said...

Announcing Warren to divert from Blago. WHAT????????????????

Obama's actions are reinforcing Warren no matter what.

NO, NOT Brilliant.

It will also be interesting to watch when Warren stabs him, metaphorically, in the back.
Guarantee it. It is Warren's Forte and his followers will go right with him.
The last thing this administration needs is to CREATE drama.
I do believe they have enough.

Leah Texas4Obama said...

The issue of Warren giving the Invocation at the Inaugural is really not very important at all compared to people losing their homes, jobs, healthcare, the two wars that are going on etc.

Obama threw the republicans a bone - everyone needs to stop making such a big deal out of it. If it weren't for the media it would have been a small or non-issue and forgotten about by the time of the Benediction.

Warren is only going to say a prayer - he isn't going to move into the White House or be Obama's new pastor.

That's all I am going to add, because I don't want to be a part of continuing the controversy any longer ;)

Lots of baking here to get done before Wednesday. Made Russian Tea Cookies and Jewish Challah bread today. Poppy seed raisin cake rolls and rum balls tomorrow... and Monday and Tuesday traditional Christmas cookies. And probably some more stuff if I stay off of the computer long enough ;)

Leah Texas4Obama said...

An Obama Christmas song that was made a while ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6DDC4Jp_kQ

,

Anonymous said...

Leah,
Just got the recipe for Moravian (I hope I spelled that right)Sugar Cake and Date Cookies from the mother-in law.
We also have Snicker Doodles to make etc.
The kids are now on X-MAS break and THEY are going to help this year.
Dad is also off for two weeks.
This is really gonna be a lot of fun:)
jean

Emit R Detsaw said...

Goodbye.....

Dems are no better than Repubs.

They don't want to accept real change. They just want to change from Repub to Dem in power.

It's a pretty sad world when we can't just accept that people have different opinions.

Aunt Jean said...

Emit

I don't think that is what they are saying. People do have different opinions. There is no right or wrong answer it's just different opinions. It only matters when someone tries to force their opinion on you that's when it proves to be a problem

Beryl said...

I agree, AJ. We all won't agree all of the time because we come from different frames of reference -- different experiences.

People on the far left are going to continue to be disappointed with Obama because he is a moderate. The far right wing of the Republican party would have been just as disappointed with McCain (sans Palin). On social issues, McCain was just a little right of center than Obama. Obama is liberal with his position on the war, minimal lobbyist connections, and his labor union support.

Aunt Jean said...

Beryl

I agree with you. It's just sometimes people put their beliefs as the only right way of seeing things. I've learned in life that that there is a lot of gray areas. AJ

Anonymous said...

Emit,
Let me see??????????
Agree to Disagree.
That is what it is about.

Dems are worse than Repubs.

I have a LOT of friends that are Repubs and simply we do not agree.
They are still good people.

Obviously I accept others whether I agree or not.
I still do not have to agree.

I thought that is what this was all about.

Things have been a bit more stressful of late.

I never meant to hurt you or disrespect you.

Honest.

jean

Karen Anne said...

Emit,

I have friends with very differing opinions. Heck, most of my family members belong to a political party that starts with R :-)

Meanwhile, a marriage to celebrate, and my last word on the subject. Okay, not quite, my bones shivered when you proposed giving away children, I want that on record.

32 years of faithfulness, how many couples can celebrate that:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/fashion/weddings/21Vows.html

Aunt Jean said...

Karen Anne

I was married for 27 years and then he broke my trust even though he still professed to love me. So I knew I couldn't forgive him because of the kind of trust he broke. [long story]. I've been divorced for going on 6 years and don't know if I ever want to get married again. Yes I will get involved with someone just don't know if I want them forever.I have big issue about trust. It takes awhile for me to learn to trust but if you break it don't know if I could ever trust you again. AJ

Anonymous said...

karen anne,
Let us just reconfirm I DO NOT LIKE Palin.
But I do feel so sorry for Bristol Palin.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/12/19/levi-johnston%e2%80%99s-mom-arrested-on-drug-charges/
This girl can't win with either side of the family.

Beryl said...

I pity Briscol. She is just like many kids out there who make bad decisions. She didn't put herself in the public eye though -- her mother did that.

I love the comments like "Sarah Palin was pallin' around with drug dealers". You reap what you sow.

Politics these days are so interesting -- you can't make this stuff up.

Beryl said...

Digg this up.

"Don't let one pastor be discussed again without including the other - namely, the Rev. Joseph Lowery, and his support for gay marriage and full equality. Watch the video if you don't know who Lowery is, please."

http://digg.com/politics/The_voice_that_will_erase_the_sad_bigotry_of_Rick_Warren

Lowery had the Bushes squirming during his remarkable speech.

suzihussein22 said...

We went to D.C., dig the license plates. I'll have a pic of it with my avatar in a couple of days. Every citizen should have a chance to go. It's kinda funny to see bleachers being built around such stately buildings. That's all for now. We've been up since 3 a.m., even without a phone call. :)

suzihussein22 said...

Politics meets entertainment-

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/CelebrityCafe/wireStory?id=6516805

Leah Texas4Obama said...

In a little over an hour here in Texas it will be Christmas Eve.
I am exhausted! Yesterday I baked three huge loaves of Challah Bread and took them to three neighboring houses. Today I baked 10 dozen traditional xmas cookies and still have some of them to decorate tomorrow. Every year I say "this is the last time I'm going to do all of this" and then I do it again the next year ;)
---
suzi- I am jealous! I hope you had an awesome time in D.C. I am thinking about going in April for my birthday.
---
The new JibJab end of the year political video is out - I posted it in the recent posts section (right side of the page) on DCW.
---

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season. Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight ;)

Aunt Jean said...

Hey everyone just wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. AJ

Beryl said...

Thank you AJ.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you and your loved ones!!!

suzihussein22 said...

Let there be peace, love, joy, and hope. I guess the best we can do is continue to agree to disagree. :) Is that sappy enough?

Merry Christmas Everybody

suzihussein22 said...

Live long and prosper-

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Politics/wireStory?id=6524342

suzihussein22 said...

It takes a village-

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6524465&page=1

Aunt Jean said...

HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!! Hope your day is wonderful!!! AJ

suzihussein22 said...

a j-Is that a ho ho ho and a bottle of rum? :) Back at ya sister! :)

Aunt Jean said...

Suiz

that was a H)O HO HO and a bottle of Kahlua [to make black russians]hahahahaha AJ

Suzi and everyone else hope your Christmas was everything you had hoped for and then some!!!!!

suzihussein22 said...

a j-heeheehee-Sounds good to me! I hope the travel weather calms down some. We only had to worry about rain and fog.

suzihussein22 said...

This is neat-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7800822.stm

I'm surprised she doesn't look exhausted.

suzihussein22 said...

k a-You can't even tell where the incision was on our puppy now. He won't be a puppy in a couple of months.

Independent Voter said...

Hey y'all. Sorry I haven't been around lately. This holiday season hasn't treated us so well. I was in Winslow, AZ up until yesterday helping my mother take care of my step-father. He's been battling bladder cancer for the past year and a half or so.

To make a long story short the cancer metastasized to his lungs, liver, and pelvic region after having one of his kidney's removed. Well, I got back late last night, and my mother notified me this afternoon that he passed away.

In the meantime, Bill's niece was killed in a car accident in Pennsylvania on Christmas Eve. We were the closest to her of all of his family members. Her daughter (Melinna) is 9 months old, and the father is a dead beat dad who bailed when she was 4 months pregnant. To make this long story short, although she was responsible enough to at least create a will, she failed to notify us that she wanted us to adopt Melinna.

So not only have we both lost a someone in each of our families (that BOTH of us care about deeply) we are now going to be parents. Don't get me wrong, we aren't upset by ANY means about becoming parents, we just wish that we had been told before hand.

So I was in Arizona and Bill was in Pennsylvania for Christmas. It was our first Christmas apart since we met, and the cats were REALLY pissed at me when I got home last night.

I will be leaving again on Tuesday to go back to Arizona to help mom finish the planning of the funeral (we had already started the process before I left) and Bill will be flying back tomorrow and then he and Melinna will be joining me on Friday for the funeral on Saturday. But I took today and will finish tomorrow getting the baby's room and the rest of the house "baby proofed" ready for their arrival. I had NO CLUE how much baby stuff costs nowadays.....WOW!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and in case I'm unable to get back on here before I leave on Tuesday, have a happy and safe New Year and I will chat with you all sometime after I get back.

Beryl said...

Dave,
I'm so sorry to hear about all of the tragedies you and Bill have been facing. My prayers are with you both.

Although it was unexpected, I am very confident that you and Bill will be terrific fathers. It was no accident that Bill was named to care for his niece's baby.

Please keep us all up to date with your progress.

Aunt Jean said...

Dave

I've missed you buddy. So sorry to hear about all the tragedies you and Bill have suffered. But one good thing has come out of all the bad. You two now have a little one to raise and I do believe that it will get all the love it will need. Until we hear from you take care and god speed. AJ

suzihussein22 said...

These words are never adequate, you have our sympathies. I know you can provide Melinna with the love and stability she needs. We were blessed with babies that were happiest with a routine. Please feel free to post questions. I can't imagine what it will cost now, especially the formula. We hope your families can continue to comfort each other and congratulations pops(I'll pretend you're handing me a cigar) :).

suzihussein22 said...

Obama and Biden '08

Aunt Jean said...

Hey everyone

just wanted you wish you all a Happy New Year. Have a safe night and don't drink to much. HAHA. AJ

suzihussein22 said...

Our son asks what word you would use to describe this year?

My answer-pivotal
His answer-historic

Cheers to a New Year!

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 388   Newer› Newest»